You've lost your weight, you are so happy! You keep looking in the mirror, your old, forgotten clothes suddenly fit again, you're ready to show your new fit and tanned body at the beach again, wow you have now a permanent weight loss...and a week later, suddenly nothing fits you...again!
What is happening, you lost your weight so are you gaining it back now? And WHY are you gaining back your weight? You did everything that the latest diet product taught you, letter by letter, you only stopped this diet a week ago, and this diet program promised you permanent weight loss! You want your money back!
I'm sure you've been through this scenario, if not personally, you then know somebody who has: they've used the latest diet program that promised them weight loss in 3 days along with a permanent weight loss to follow, only to backfire: the fat returned, and that with a vengeance, and it seems it's here to stay.
Well, truth is a permanent weight loss needs something more than following the latest fad diet program. It needs a complete shift in perception, action, diet and life style. But you don't need to worry: this can be achieved gradually, with a minimum of effort and definitely with fewer sacrifices than the previous heavy diet requested of you.
So if you are after a permanent weight loss, you absolutely need to follow these few easy 5 steps:
1. Reduce fats in your daily food. Reducing fats will help with your goal because high fat foods have more calories than regular food, sometimes the ratio is as much as 2:1
2. Start eating more fruits and vegetables. This one is easy. With each lunch make sure you have sitting next to it a nice plate of fresh vegetables: one cut cucumber, a tomato, a nice green fleshy pepper, maybe a half peeled carrot. If you like, pour a healthy salad dressing on it to enhance the taste. When you get hungry, start munching on an apple, or a banana, or a pear.
3. Before go grocery shopping, eat. Have a sandwich, a healthy snack, or even a regular meal. Whatever you do, don't go shopping on an empty stomach. You tend to buy much more stuff when you're out hungry, and the 'more stuff' will invariably contain a lot of things that are not healthy for you, a lot of fast food, sweets and alcohol.
4. Start exercising. A permanent weight loss requires a shift in the way you act physically. Start slow, go for a walk every second day. Go to a gym and do Aerobics, or Pilates, or even yoga 3 times a week. Take up swimming. Swimming is not only good for weight loss, but it really strengthens the muscles of your entire body and will really bring out your abs.
5. Shift your thinking. You need to start thinking 'health' instead of 'diet'. When we think of diet, we associate it with pain, with struggle, with difficult choice of foods to go through. Health means looking younger, better, and enjoying life more. Once you have a healthy attitude, everything will come along just nicely.
Start with any of these 5 tips, not necessarily in order, and not even necessary to do them all now. Start small, but start somewhere and don't give up. Start with little thing, and once your brain and your body gets accustomed to the change and accepts it, you will know. And then, make the next small change. Before you know it, you have embarked on a permanent weight loss journey, which is here to stay, permanently.